Because Dani shared her extraordinarily unfortunate event with you, I feel I should do the same. Suffice it to say, college life isn't all sweet smells and pleasant experiences... particularly the smelly part.
Today, I left class around 3:30 and headed back to the dorm. Upon arriving, I went in and sat down and began playing around with my git-fiddle. It was around fifteen minutes before I smelled the less than delectable scent wafting through the air. At that time, I also began to hear the bloodcurdling screams of my oh-so-wonderful suitemates. It sounded as though something had gotten loose in their room and was wreaking havoc amongst their belongings. I was soon to find, however, that this was not the case.
Upon closer examination of the situation, I learned that a can of cream of potato soup had exploded in Shelby's drawer... many, many days ago... and was now rotten and disgusting and... well, stinky. How this massively unfortunate event occurred, I'm not really sure. However, the point is that it smelled.
Shel and Mal decided to wash everything in the drawer in the shower. So Shel--fully clothed--jumped into the shower with the dishes to "sanitize" them. In the meantime, Mal deposited all the disgusting remnants of the soup in the trash bag, which they then placed in the corridor for later removal (Keep in mind that we are supposed to take our trash to the "trash chute," not place it in the hallway...).
I went to the gym approximately five minutes later, and upon returning from a nice workout (hahaha--actually, it was nice), the trash was STILL sitting in the hallway. Not only that, but it stunk so terribly that upon exiting the elevator, my nostrils were assailed with a stench that almost--not quite, but almost--made me gag. Two girls who got off at the same time as me looked at each other and one said, "What is that SMELL?!" My response was an attack of silent giggles, because I knew what it was--the awful, awful truth--and so both ran in the opposite direction of my room to try to escape--holding their noses, no less. As I walked towards my suite with increasing dread, it grew worse and worse... to the point that I could barely breathe. Talk about disgusting.
So I kindly told the girls that the whole floor smelled, and they needed to take their trash out. At which point, they did, thank goodness.
Now, the hallway is a combination of the sickeningly sweet smell of Febreze air freshener, perfume, and trash, because my two girls decided that they needed to douse one bad smells with two supposedly "good" smells. Overkill, in my opinion.
And so, the moral of the story is this. If your soup explodes, take care of it quickly, or it's going to be a disgustingly smelly thing to take care of. And... well, don't try to cover smells with other smells.
Pictures coming soon.
Love ya'll! Hope God is blessing your day.
-M
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment