Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our Little Foe

As a resident of the 6th floor, I knew it was only a matter of time until we met an unfortunate fate of dorm life. You see, amidst thousands of college students with less than hygienic habits, bugs are an obvious misfortune. And today, when I opened the door to our suite bathroom, there it was, lurking with its 15 pairs of banded legs (according to google post bug incident). (Ok, maybe it wasn't that intense, but the bug was a decent size.) But yes, when I saw it, I let out a slight yell and ran into Liz's room. At which point, Liz checked out the bug and freaked out along side me. We went through a short list of people we could call about the matter- including maintenance (as a joke), and quickly realized that we should "man up" and handle the situation ourselves- after all, that's what college is all about right? So we got a cup and some paper and trapped the bug. (Complete props to Liz). After squirming for a few minutes while the bug was trapped, we made a team effort in carrying in to the window and launching it out what is actually 8 stories. So maybe just killing it with a shoe would've been slightly more practical but here we are. Needless to say, we lived to tell the story and I'm sure this won't be the last bug we encounter.
But I must finish with one thought about bugs in the bathroom. Why?!?! Its always such a vulnerable encounter...
I hope you enjoy our random college rants. Stay tuned!
-D

Your common house centipede
its a long way down, especially when you're small
Liz's sterilization of the trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment